Thursday 26 April 2012

When the past comes a knocking in an unexpected way

This morning at 01:00 I learned that an old friend from Teacher's College had passed away, in what looks like was probably quite a violent death in a motorcycle accident.

I haven't seen him since he failed to pick me up from the airport in April 1996, and he didn't return my follow up phone call, when I finally made it home.

I often thought to look him up, and see how he is, and never did, figuring that his actions spoke of dis-interest.

Now I never will be able to look him up and catch up, and find out what happened... I had my suspicions then, now that is all I'll ever have.

Spending a fair amount of today thinking about other people with whom I have lost touch, and what they are doing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment